Supports & Resources for Military Families
Peak Military Care Network
PMCN’s mission is to connect military service members, veterans and their families to the highest quality resources provided by our trusted community partners. If you are looking for assistance please call 719-577-7417 to speak with our navigation team.
The Peterson Air Force Base Airman & Family Readiness Center
Mission Statement: To provided targeted Airman and Family support and services, contributing to the mission readiness, resilience and well-being of the Air Force community.
To subscribe to their email newsletter, visit 21fss.com
The Fort Carson Military and Family Support Center
As a gateway to the resources you need, the Military and Family Support Center provides information, support and services to help you balance the demands of military life. The Military and Family Support Center is one part of the overall Family Readiness System, which is the network of agencies, programs, services, partnerships and individuals that supports your personal and family life readiness, mobilization and deployment readiness, and mobility and economic readiness.
Resources for Military Families Seeking Child Care
Military/DoD Child Care Assistance is offered through Child Care Aware.
Child Care Aware® of America serves more than 10,000 military children every year. When child care slots on post are full, military families may access their resources to find child care and receive assistance. Before you begin, learn more about what to look for when choosing child care and the importance of selecting a quality program. To get started, click here to access resources, checklists, and available supports.
Visit the Child Care Aware website for further information or select your branch of service for more information on eligible programs and assistance. Programs include Military Child Care in Your Neighborhood (MCCYN) and Operation Military Child Care (OMCC). Click here to learn more about each program.
You may also call Child Care Aware at 1-800-424-2246 and press option #3. You may also email Child Care Aware at email@example.com. They have a list of child care providers and centers that offer military discounts for off-post child care slots. To search for programs online, click here.
Share your story! Military parent experiences with child care may differ from that of civilian experiences, but they are just as impactful! Your stories can help policymakers understand that they need to work to make child care more affordable or that the quality of child care needs to be improved. Your voice makes a difference in the accessibility, quality and affordability of child care. Click here to provide your interest in sharing your story!
Colorado Shines Child Care Resource & Referral Line
- Families that do not qualify for a military discount should call the Colorado Shines Child Care Resource & Referral Line: 1-877-338-2273
Alliance for Kids, El Paso County’s Early Childhood Council
- If you have more questions about finding quality child care, please contact Alliance for Kids at 719.466.0099.
More Resources for Military Families
- COVID19 Military Support: The Association of Defense Communities (ADC), Blue Star Families, and participants of the White Oak Collaborative have joined forces to create the COVID-19 Military Support Initiative (CMSI)—a united, national platform to provide resources and expertise to support communities, states, and military families through this crisis. Ultimately, the mission of the CMSI is to share information, maintain engagement, and develop best practices and policy approaches to ensure our military receives the support it deserves. Be sure to visit the Resources page – it has links for at-home education, technology support, arts and crafts, virtual activities for families, food assistance, health/wellness, ,and more!
- Careers for Returning Veterans
- Veterans Home Buying Guide