Supports & Resources for Military Families
Peak Military Care Network
PMCN’s mission is to connect military service members, veterans and their families to the highest quality resources provided by our trusted community partners. If you are looking for assistance please call 719-577-7417 to speak with our navigation team.
The Peterson Air Force Base Airman & Family Readiness Center
Mission Statement: To provided targeted Airman and Family support and services, contributing to the mission readiness, resilience and well-being of the Air Force community.
To subscribe to their email newsletter, visit 21fss.com
The Fort Carson Military and Family Support Center
As a gateway to the resources you need, the Military and Family Support Center provides information, support and services to help you balance the demands of military life. The Military and Family Support Center is one part of the overall Family Readiness System, which is the network of agencies, programs, services, partnerships and individuals that supports your personal and family life readiness, mobilization and deployment readiness, and mobility and economic readiness.
Resources for Military Families Seeking Child Care
When child care slots on post are full, military families may access the following resources to find child care:
- Call Child Care Aware at 1-800-424-2246 and press option #3.
- They have a list of child care providers and centers that offer military discounts for off-post child care slots.
- Visit the Child Care Aware website for further information.
- Families that do not qualify for a military discount should call the Colorado Shines Child Care Resource & Referral Line: 1-877-338-2273
- If you have more questions about finding quality child care, please contact Alliance for Kids: Tina Fennell (719.291.8112) or Geanina Brown (719.651.3484).