Transition to Kindergarten
Helping your Child Make the Transition to Kindergarten
During your child’s preschool and elementary years, your involvement in their education can set them on a path to success for years to come. Here are a few things that you as a parent can do to prepare your child for kindergarten and get their school career off to a great start.
- Talk to your child’s preschool teacher on a regular basis
- Ask the teacher how you can help your child learn at home
- Monitor T.V. watching
- Teach good health habits (e.g., eating breakfast, getting enough sleep)
Continue reading to learn more on how to prepare your child and your family before it’s time to start school.
Is Your Child Ready?
All children develop in their own way. These are some general things for your family to think about when getting your child ready to start kindergarten. Information shared with permission from CPCD giving children a head start.
Check out Be Ready’s Ready Set Kindergarten! booklet for a calendar to guide you along the way and fun activities to help your child be prepared.
Kindergarten Registration Dates for 2010-21
For information about kindergarten registration dates for the 2020-21 school year, you may wish to contact school districts directly. Below are links to the registration page for each school district. Updated information for the upcoming school year varies by school district. While your “home” school district is determined by your street address, parents may apply for a permit to attend an school of choice during open enrollment windows.
- Harrison School District 2
- Widefield School District 3
- Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8
- Colorado Springs School District 11
- Cheyenne Mountain District 12
- Manitou Springs School District 14
- Academy School District 20
- Ellicott School District 22
- Peyton School District 23
- Lewis-Palmer School District 38
- Falcon School District 49
- Woodland Park RE-2
- Miami-Yoder School District 60