Ideas for Ways to Stay Connected while Socially Isolated:
- Without physical contact, creating some kind of shared experience seems crucial. Eating at the same time, reading a book, watching the same show, exploring a virtual museum, etc. Here are some articles and resources on this topic:
- Embracing Virtual Connection Due to Social Distancing
- Tips for Video Chatting with Young Children – Staying Connected While Far Apart
- FaceTime can help babies connect with long-distance relatives
- Games to Play over Facetime
- 21 Fun games to play over Facetime or Skype calls
- Online Conversation Games to Play with Grandkids
- 15 Cool Games to Play over Facetime or Skype Calls
- 19 Fun activities and ideas for talking over the phone!
- 5 Tips For Skyping With A Toddler
Recreational/For Fun Resources
- Zoos and museums are creating online options
- Illuminate will be streaming Bloom Yoga. More information coming soon!
- The Adoption Exchange is posting many of their virtual story time, movement, yoga, and craft activities on their YouTube Channel
- List of ideas of things to do at home with kids from CU Anschutz
- Free digital concerts from Berliner Philharmoniker
- Virtual Storytime Resources:
- The Metropolitan Opera of New York will have free streams. Every night at 7:30 pm EST, they will show a new opera, and it will be available for 20 hours. (La Opera Metropolitana de Nueva York va a tener streams gratis. Cada noche a las 7:30pm EST mostraran una ópera nueva, y estará disponible durante 20 horas.
- Google Arts & Culture has virtual tours of various places around the world
- Free digital and educational content from the Kennedy Center
- Some museums to visit while at home: virtual tour and online collections (Unos museos para visitar estando en casa: tour virtual y colecciones online)
Galleria degli Uffizi – Firenze (the whole website is in Italian)